|Vatican Museums, Rome.|
For me, traveling always includes a certain amount of sights on (modern) art and architecture on the program, these attractions simply arouse my interest. I would like to visit many places at some point and see them with my own eyes.
Not only do you get a lot more from the internet, you also get a lot of photos of destinations, but that’s just not the same. Often you have to see attractions with your own eyes and get an idea of yourself!
So here are some art-related travel destinations I’ve just come up with:
- Bauhaus and master houses in Dessau
- Prada Marfa and Marfa, Texas, USA (works by Donald Judd!)
- Jardin d’Email of Jean Dubuffet in Otterlo, Netherlands
- Frankfurt Main: Städel Museum, Liebighaus, Kunsthalle Schirn
- Eames House in Los Angeles, USA
- Louisiana Museum of Modern Art in Humlebæk, Denmark
- Villa Savoye by Le Corbusier near Paris, France
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Spain
- Monet’s garden in Giverny, France
- ARoS Aarhus Art Museum, Denmark
- Mark Rothko Chapel Houston, USA
- Museo Picasso Malaga, Spain
- Case Study House 22 by Pierre Koenig, Los Angeles, USA
- Finn Juhl’s house in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Bundeskunsthalle Bonn, maybe I can do it this spring!
For sure I forgot many destinations to list, that’s ok, every great museum would be a bit out of the ordinary. Which sights and attractions can you recommend to me? Do you have a bucket list on a specific topic?